- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta or prosciutto chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups half and half (or whole milk)
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced
Step 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook, turning often, until golden brown and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add ham, pancetta and garlic; cook an additional 3 minutes, to brown. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Stir in chicken stock and half and half and bring to boil. Add dry pasta, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring often, until sauce has thickened, and pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes.
Step 2Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat; add panko, plain breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon parsley. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, just until breadcrumbs are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3Once pasta is cooked, add mustard and Swiss cheese, stirring until cheese melts thoroughly. Add remaining parsley and scallions. Serve pasta topped with toasted breadcrumbs.
Cook: NULL; Prep: NULL; Total: PT50M