Candy Cane White Chocolate Bars
Peppermint is the star of the show in these Candy Cane White Chocolate Bars. A dense cookie bar base is topped with a creamy white chocolate frosting. Adding crushed candy cane and a drizzle of dark chocolate completes this dairy-filled dessert. These festive bars took home the Undeniably Dairy prize in our 2018 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest.
1 hr 40 min Prep Time
30 min Cook Time
- Prep Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Servings: 3 dozen bars
Servings: 3 dozen bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 6 ounces white chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or 3 ounces white chocolate bar, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Step 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper that has a 2-inch overhang; set aside.
Step 2In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and white chocolate in short 20 second intervals, stirring after each. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer.
Step 3Add condensed milk, egg, flour, salt, vanilla and peppermint extract. Beat on low 1 minute, or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Step 4Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate in short 20 second intervals, stirring after each. Pour chocolate into the bowl of a stand mixer and set aside to cool 10 minutes.
Step 5Add butter and cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add peppermint extract and confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Step 6Remove brownies from pan and spread with frosting. Cut into 1-inch squares and again into triangles. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Step 7In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate in short 20 second intervals. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars with a fork.
Step 8Refrigerate bars until ready to serve.
A Dairy Farmer’s Devotion to Feeding OthersLearn how a new farmer, just a decade into her career, approaches her day-to-day and commits herself to helping end hunger.
Reviews & Tips
There are no reviews yet for this recipe. Be the first to write a review.Write a Review