- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream (warmed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- salt and pepper
Step 1Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until a fork slides out easily, with no resistance, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending the size of the potatoes. Drain into a colander.
Step 2Add the butter and cream cheese to the bottom of a very large bowl. Rice or mill the potatoes into the bowl. Add half of the cream and use electric mixer to whip potatoes. Add garlic, parsley, chives, cream of tartar, salt, and pepper. Add more cream if needed. Check for seasonings.
Step 3Transfer to a buttered 9x13 casserole dish and smooth the top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Broil for one to two minutes to brown the top before serving.
To reheat, take out of the fridge at least one hour before baking, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.