Servings: Yields one cup
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped or use chips
- ⅓ cup full-fat half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 1Add chocolate, half and half, and cubed butter to a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan filled with simmering water.
Step 2Stir chocolate mixture as it melts, it will be lumpy and grainy at first, but will come together once chocolate is fully melted. Stir until smooth.
Step 3Remove from heat and stir in light corn syrup and vanilla extract.
Step 4Use immediately or store for later use. Hot fudge will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
Step 5To reheat, microwave in 30 second bursts and stir until smooth.
You can use high quality chocolate or generic chocolate chips, but higher quality chocolate will produce the best flavor. This recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed!